Thursday, August 27, 2009

Grilled White Pizza with Arugula

I made this recipe twice in the past two weeks, not because I screwed it up the first time but because it was so good. The dough was easy to put together using a mixer and due to the humidity, the rise was a snap. I did the pizza on the grill because it tastes fantastic, is much faster and you don't heat up the kitchen.The key to grilling pizza is to cook it for a couple of minutes on one side, flip it over. Then add your toppings, close the hood and let it cook just a few more minutes. The dough will cook through with great grill marks and the cheese gets all melty. Then add the arugula tossed with the vinaigrette.
I love the goat cheese with the peppery arugula and fresh lemon. You can find this recipe here. And thanks to Andrea of Nummy Kitchen for the great Barefoot Bloggers pick!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW! This looks delicious!!!! I love the pic of the risen dough!!!!

Suzie said...

Your photos are really lovely. We really enjoyed this too - and will be having some more tomorrow with the leftover dough.

Cathy said...

This looks incredible, and now I know that I have to make it ASAP. I love that you grilled this. I discovered grilled pizza this summer, and I'll never go back to making it in the oven. Your pizza looks delicious!

Peggy said...

You did great photos. I like that you grilled it. It was so fabulous and I just ate the last piece for lunch today! Yum.

pinkstripes said...

Your pizza looks delicious. I've been wanting to make a grilled pizza.

Cookie said...

YUM! This looks like one of those gourmet pizzas you get at authentic Italian restaurants! LOVE it!

Andrea said...

Spike, your pizza looks great! So glad that you liked it enough to make it twice :) Great idea to do it on the grill, the grill marks and melty cheese you described are making me drool! Thanks for cooking along with me!

margot said...

This looks like a delicious pizza. I've been seeing grilled pizza on blogs all summer and have been meaning to try it.

jillbert said...

I really want to try this one! I made a blah white pizza once and was hoping to find a better recipe...I bet this is it.

Palidor said...

Yeah, sometimes I'll make the same thing the very next day because it tasted so good! This pizza, now that looks like something I could totally eat two days in a row. Or three. :)

Leslie said...

Your pizza looks so irresistible! Great idea to grill it...I am definitely going to give that a try!

isa said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to give that a try!

April said...

That looks yummy! Arugula is one of my favorites.